Product Information Sheet:
ROCKBOND ADMIX 1701 (RB A1701) powder is blend of air detraining and defoaming admixtures that have been specially designed for use with Portland cement
mortars and non flow concretes. The admixture, when added to water and mixed with cementitious materials, reduces the air content and porosity of the mix. Furthermore, the compound increases the density and impermeability of cement and concrete which, in turn, produces stronger cementitious materials that are resistant to the passage of water and chemicals. The powder is ready to use, supplied to order, packaged in moisture proof, durable bags and has a shelf life of 5 years.
- Can be packaged in water soluble bags for convenient handling.
- Readily dispersed and incorporated into cement and concrete mixes.
- Reduces plastic slumping, settlement, sinkage, shrinkage and cracking.
- Increases the density and strength of cementitious mixes.
- Produces weatherproof, waterproof, impermeable and durable concrete.
- Reduces the rate of carbonation in concrete, and attack by acid gases.
- Improved resistance to sulphate, chloride and chemical attack.
- High yielding, economical, non flammable, non toxic, user friendly and safe to use.
- To produce high quality, high strength site batched mortars and concrete that are dense and free of air.
- For use in mortars and renders that have low cement contents and entrain air.
- To maximise the ultimate compressive, tensile and mechanical strength of concrete.
- To increase the wear resistance of concrete floors and structures.
- For use in carriageway and highway concrete and concrete structures.
- To produce non porous, impermeable concrete resistant to chemical attack.
- For use in marine concrete, chemical and fertiliser plants, food factories and dairies.
- For use in underwater concrete and underwater concrete repairs.
- To eliminate surface defects in precast products such as “honeycombing” and “pin pricks”.