ROCKBOND ADMIX 711 (RB A711) powder is blend of waterproofing admixtures which has been specially designed for use with Portland cement mortars and non flow concretes. The admixture, when mixed with cementitious materials release compounds which react with the alkalis present in the cement. As the mortar or concrete hardens, insoluble crystals are formed in the pores and capillaries of the cement which reduce the passage of water and aggressive chemicals through the material. The powder is ready to use, supplied in quantities to order, packaged in moisture proof durable bags and has a shelf life of 5 years.
- Can be packaged in water soluble bags for convenient handling.
- Readily dispersed and incorporated into cementitious renders, mortars and concrete.
- Reduces bleeding, segregation and shrinkage.
- Contains crystal growth technology: compounds contained in the admixture react with the alkalis present in the cement to form insoluble crystals which grow, seal and waterproof.
- Produces waterproof, impermeable and durable concrete.
- Enhanced protection against adverse weather conditions, ice and frost attack.
- Reduces the rate of carbonation in concrete, and corrosion by acid gases.
- Improved resistance to sulphate, chloride and chemical attack.
- Helps to cure concrete, and to produce clean and ascetically pleasing finishes.
- High yielding, economical, non flammable, non toxic, odour free, user friendly and safe to use.
- For use as an admixture to waterproof mass concrete, structural concrete, concrete foundations, tunnels, culverts, drains and pipes.
- To waterproof water retaining structures, dams, reservoirs, tanks, swimming pools, and water handling and storage facilities.
- To waterproof cementitious materials, concrete, mortars and renders.
- To prevent dampness in underground concrete, cellars and basements.
- To protect concrete against frost, weathering and adverse climatic conditions.
- To protect concrete in ground water containing chemicals, salts, sulphates and nitrates.
- To protect reinforced concrete in marine environments, from de-icing salts and chlorides.
- To waterproof cementitious repair materials.