Product Information Sheet:
ROCKBOND PRIMER LATEX (RB PL) is a blend of very fine acrylic polymer resin particles dispersed in water. The resin is used to penetrate, consolidate, strengthen, seal and prime substrate surfaces. Furthermore, the latex is very adhesive, and is applied to the surface of concrete, brick, stone, mortar, masonry, render and wood to enhance the bond between construction materials and ROCKBOND SPECIAL CONCRETE PRODUCTS (RB SCP). The latex is supplied to order and has a self life of 2 years.
- Ready to use.
- Quick and easy to apply by brush, broom, roller or spray.
- Can be applied to dry, damp, moist or wet substrates.
- Penetrates, consolidates, seals, strengthens, primes and protects cementitious materials, concrete and wood.
- Unique mix of wetting agents and fine polymer particles promotes penetration into brick and cementitious surfaces.
- Dries out to give a clear and transparent polymer film with an attractive slight sheen.
- Adheres strongly to all construction materials: cement, render, mortar, concrete, masonry, brick, stone, wood, plastic, glass and steel.
- Will form a polymer film at low temperatures.
- The polymer is permanent: it will not degrade, breakdown or re-emulsify.Water “soluble” – equipment is quickly and easily washed and cleaned with water.
- High yielding, economical, non flammable, non toxic, odour free, user friendly and safe to use.
- To reduce or eliminate suction from cement based repair materials at the bondline.
- To consolidate and strengthen weak or friable wood, cementitious or brick substrates.
- To seal and protect cementitious surfaces from frost, acid gases and chemical attack.
- To enhance the bond strength between substrate and cementitious repair materials.
- To seal and bond floor screeds to concrete and other surfaces.
- To prevent the ingress of water through cement, concrete and along the bondline.
- To reduce the permeability and increase the durability of concrete.
- To penetrate, consolidate and seal precast concrete, paving stones, slabs, bricks and wood.
- To produce smooth, clear, attractive finishes to concrete, mortar, render and screed.