Product Information Sheet:
ROCKBOND QUICKBED CONCRETE (RB QBC) powder contains a blend of fine cement powders, high quality graded crushed rock sands and aggregates and a union of admixtures. The compound, when mixed with water, produces a thixotropic, non slump, non flow, quick strength, high strength concrete, which has been specially designed for bedding in applications. The powder is pre-mixed, ready to use, packaged in 25kg moisture proof durable bags and has a shelf life of 5 years.
- Portland cement based, shrinkage compensated and microsilica enhanced.
- Quickly and easily mixed with water, poured and placed.
- Ideal consistency for bedding in applications: thixotropic, non slumping and non flowing.
- Quick setting, and with an early strength development: 4MPa at 2 hours at 20ºC.
- High ultimate compressive strength: 60MPa at 28 days at 20ºC.
- Non shrink, anti slip, non crazing, non cracking, non curling and non dusting.
- Can be used down to 0ºC, and placed in sections of up to 75mm.
- Hard wearing, long lasting and resistant to mechanical attack, impact and abrasion.
- Contains no chlorides, high alumina cement or other deleterious substances.
- High yielding, economical, non flammable, non toxic, odour free, user friendly and safe to use.
- In situations that require a non flow concrete with an early gain in compressive strength.
- Bedding in applications that require early strength such as precast concrete units, crash barriers, fence posts, signposts, manhole covers and rings, paving slabs, kerbs, coping stones, drains, frames and bricks.
- For the quick return to use of paths, floors, roadways and carriageway concrete.
- Repairs to factory floors, car parks, forecourts, loading bays and ramps that require early trafficking.
- For the quick installation of concrete furniture in areas where damage is caused by vandals.
- For minimal disruption and delay at low temperatures or during winter weather work.