Product Information Sheet:
For use as an Anti-carbonation Protective, Flexible Coating to cement and concrete. Whenever stress, thermal or moisture movement is a problem in a concrete structure. Tanking, roofing, weatherproofing and waterproofing applications.
ROCKBOND FLEXIBLE (APFC) MEMBRANE (RB FM) is a two part elastomeric, Anti-carbonation, Protective Flexible Coating. The dry pack, ROCKBOND FLEXIBLE MEMBRANE DRY PACK
(RB FM DP) is a blend of special cement powders, graded sands and compatible admixtures.
When the powder is mixed with the ROCKBOND FLEXIBLE LATEX (RB FL), a light grey coating is produced which is extremely adhesive, flexible and waterproof. The membrane waterproofs and protects concrete against carbonation, acid gases and chemical attack. The material is supplied in 3kg/2 litre or 15kg/10 litre packs and has a shelf life of 5 years.
- 2mm of Flexible Membrane provides anti-carbonation protection to concrete equivalent to 50mm of good quality concrete!
- Available in white, and also in a range of colours.
- Easy to mix and apply by trowel, float, spatula, brush or spray.
- Adheres strongly to all construction materials: cement, mortar, render, concrete, masonry, brick, stone, steel, wood, plastic, fibreglass and glass.
- Provides a permanent waterproof bond to concrete in situations where there is a positive or negative hydrostatic pressure.
- Microporous, waterproof, weatherproof and impermeable to aqueous solutions and liquids.
- Elastic: will flex in sympathy with moving or cracked concrete, render, brick or wood.
- Permanent, resilient, and durable, and resistant to ultraviolet (UV) radiation.
- Protects concrete against frost attack, carbonation, sulphation and acid gases.
- Water “soluble” – the material and equipment can be washed and cleaned with water.
- High yielding, economical, non flammable, non toxic, user friendly and safe to use.
- For use as an Anti-carbonation Protective, Flexible Coating (APFC) to cement and concrete.
- Whenever stress, thermal or moisture movement is a problem at a crack, joint or within a concrete structure.
- Tanking, roofing, weatherproofing and waterproofing applications.
- The filling, sealing and waterproofing of cracks, joints, gaps and seals.
- To protect reinforced concrete structures against freeze/thaw cycles, salt water, de-icing salts and corrosion of steel.
- To protect concrete in extreme climatic conditions, high altitude and in severe weather.
- Elastic requirements during cold weather or low temperature situations.
- To protect concrete where chemical attack is prevalent such as in marine and offshore locations, chemical works, food processing factories, sewers and farms.
- As a flexible adhesive to bond concrete, tiles, bricks and blocks to concrete, steel, wood, plastic, glass and other construction materials.