Product Information Sheet:
ROCKBOND SBR LATEX (RB SBRL) is a polymer dispersion of styrene butadiene rubber in water. The latex is used as an additive to enhance the all round performance of site batched cementitious materials: the flexibility, flexural, tensile, cohesive and adhesive strength of concretes, floor screeds, mortars and renders are all improved. The latex also increases the impermeability, the waterproofing properties and the chemical resistance of the hardened material. The latex is supplied in 5 litre or 25 litre containers and has a shelf life of 2 years.
- Can be used as a primer for concrete: mix 1 part latex to 3 parts water.
- Formulated for use with site batched materials.
- Reduces air entrainment, settlement and shrinkage.
- Improves the adhesive strength of repair and flooring materials to brick and concrete.
- Increases the flexural and tensile strengths of mortars and concretes.
- Imparts flexibility to site batched repair materials and floors.
- Increases the impermeability and resistance to chemical attack, and enhances durability.
- Will not break down or re-emulsify.
- Water based: mixing equipment and tools are easily washed and cleaned with water.
- Economical, non flammable, non toxic, user friendly and safe to use.
- To penetrate, consolidate, strengthen, seal and protect brick and concrete substrates.
- To reduce suction, and to prime concrete and brick to increase the bond strength of repair materials.
- For site batched flooring materials, and repair materials for floors.
- To waterproof site batched concretes, mortars and renders.
- To prevent frost attack to brick and concrete.
- For site batched materials that require a greater tensile strength and flexibility.
- For use as an adhesive when mixed with cement to bond cement, render, mortar, concrete, masonry, brick, stone, wood, plastic, glass and steel to other construction materials.
- For use in chemically aggressive environments, such as marine defences, food factories, dairies, abattoirs and fertiliser plants and stores.