Rockbond Hydraulic Lime Mortar (RB HLM) powder is a specially formulated, premixed, ready to use, hydraulic lime mortar powder. The compound contains a fine grade of natural hydraulic lime, quality graded silica sands and a union of compatible admixtures.
The powder, when mixed with water, produces a thixotropic, white, low strength, pumping mortar which is specially designed for pressure pointing, and for the filling of joints and voids in brick and stone. The compound is packaged in 25kg moisture proof, durable sacks and has a shelf life of 2 years.
- Available in white, and also in a range of attractive colours.
- Quickly and easily mixed, worked, pumped, placed and finished.
- High build material: thixotropic, cohesive, non-slumping and low shrink.
- Stable under pressure: can be pumped or injected into place.
- Microporous: allows brick and stone structures to breathe.
- Flexible: will move in sympathy with changes in temperature, humidity, stress and differential loading.
- Low strength and forgiving: a compatible pointing and joint fill material for bricks and blocks.
- Self healing: microcracks and voids are filled and repaired by continuous carbonation.
- Economical, non flammable, non toxic, user friendly and safe to use.
- For the pressure and hand pointing of concrete, stone, masonry, bricks and blocks.
- To place, set and lay bricks and blocks, and for bedding in applications.
- For the pumping, caulking, injecting and filling of cracks, cavities, voids, gaps and joints.
- As a mortar to repair lime based materials, renders, stone and bricks.
- To render external brick and stone surfaces to produce an aesthetically pleasing finish.
- To plaster internal brick and stone substrates to produce a smooth and attractive surface.