ROCKBOND HYDRAULIC LIME MORTAR (RB HLM) powder is a specially formulated, premixed, ready to use, natural hydraulic lime mortar powder. The compound contains a fine grade of natural hydraulic lime, quality graded limestone sands and a union of compatible admixtures. The powder, when mixed with water, produces a thixotropic, non flow, non shrink, white, low strength mortar which
is specially designed for placement and pointing of bricks and blocks, and for the filling and sealing of gaps, joints and voids in masonry, brick and stone. The hardened mortar is microporous and compatible with lime substrates and mortars found in old buildings, churches and historic structures. The compound is packaged in 25kg moisture proof, durable sacks and has a shelf life of 5 years.
- Does not contain Portland cement.
- Available in white, and also in a range of attractive colours.
- Quickly and easily mixed, worked, pumped, placed and finished.
- High build material: thixotropic, cohesive, non flow, non-slumping and non shrink.
- Microporous: reduces condensation and allows masonry, brick and stone to breathe and dry out.
- Flexible: will move in sympathy with changes in temperature, humidity, stress and differential loading.
- Low strength and forgiving: a lime compatible joint fill and pointing material for bricks and blocks.
- Self healing and durable: microcracks and gaps are filled and repaired by continuous carbonation.
- High yielding, economical, non flammable, non toxic, odour free, user friendly and safe to use.
- For the placement, pointing, bonding and bedding in of masonry, bricks, blocks and stone.
- For the hand placing and filling of cracks, cavities, voids, gaps and joints in limestone, concrete and structures.
- As a compatible mortar to patch repair lime based materials, mortars, renders and stone.
- To plaster, render and coat internal and external brick and limestone substrates to produce smooth or textured aesthetically pleasing finishes.
- To restore, make good and protect historic buildings, listed buildings, churches, bridges, viaducts and limestone structures.
- For the production of lime plaster mouldings, stucco, panels, limestone concrete and washes.